Durnago overheating

Old 05-24-04, 08:46 PM
hleggette
Visiting Guest
Durnago overheating

1999 Dodge Durango. Chronic overheating problem recently developed. Changed thermostat, still overheats. There is some coolant loss. I don't know if the coolant loss is the cause or the effect. Problem is slightly worse with a/c on.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Hugh

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-04, 02:55 PM
Pressure test the cooling system to try and find the leak if it exists.Look for coolant in the oil and check and see if the fan clutch is operating properly.Does it overheat in traffic around town or on the highway or both?

Old 05-29-04, 11:08 AM
cakeylime
Visiting Guest
I would be most interested to hear what was found out. We have the same problem. We had to replace the water pump last year so this is rather new. We have had the system tested and no leaks. We have replaced the thermostat, belt, rad cap and flushed the system. Still overheats after about 20 minutes of driving. Most of my driving is highway although it seems to be worse when I do city driving. This started last year after replacing the water pump. All seemed fine over the winter months but the problem resurfaced again now that the warmer weather is here. Any suggestions guys?

Old 05-29-04, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by cakeylime
I would be most interested to hear what was found out. We have the same problem. We had to replace the water pump last year so this is rather new. We have had the system tested and no leaks. We have replaced the thermostat, belt, rad cap and flushed the system. Still overheats after about 20 minutes of driving. Most of my driving is highway although it seems to be worse when I do city driving. This started last year after replacing the water pump. All seemed fine over the winter months but the problem resurfaced again now that the warmer weather is here. Any suggestions guys?
I realize your posting here to find out what happen to this poster but if you want any responses to your problem, you need to start another thread. We can't respond to 2 different cars/problems within the same thread. Everyone will get confused.

Search this Thread