Help! door's stuck & power steering leek?

Old 05-26-04, 03:33 PM
traveljay75
Visiting Guest
Question Help! door's stuck & power steering leek?

one day my '93 Geo Prism door just stopped opening. I've tried taking the door bolts off to take the door off. I also tried opening the door panel but take the handles off didn't lead to any other screws or bolts. It's not the child safety lock because I can't open it from the outside either.

My Power steering also leeks from somewhere. I put in fluid and within days it's bad again. PLEASE HELP!! Even my Dad the Mechanic can't figure the door out.

TRAVELJAY

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-04, 07:07 PM
It is probably the latch mechanism has worn or gotten jammed. You can try kicking it from the inside, but ya might break something in the process. Or you can just keep playing with it and eventually it may open.
As far as the power steering leak, the best thing to do is go to the car wash and spray it off real good with the high pressure hose. Refill the system and watch for a leak. If it is leaking that fast you should be able to find out quite easily where it is coming from.
Good Luck,
Billy

Old 05-29-04, 03:06 PM
You basically have a Toyota ....Gently pop the top of the door panel away from the door,and with a light look at the latch.

There is a spring that breaks...look for a small tab where the spring use to reside. It may help to take the door panel off the other side. You must hold that tab down while you lock and unlock the the door.

It should open after that.

Old 05-30-04, 01:46 PM
traveljay75
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Thank You

Thanks You guys!! I'll give that a try. You've been very helpful.!
JASON