Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Radio noise on AM

Visiting Guest

05-29-04, 02:47 PM   #1  
Corky Bennett
Radio noise on AM

Man, I must be getting old!! I like to listen to AM radio, but lately I'm getting a lot of noise on my radio when I listen to AM. It seems like it is worse when I'm close to power lines or when I'm using my turn signals. Thanks for any ideas.

Sponsored Links

05-29-04, 03:00 PM   #2  
Bad ant. While radio is on AM touch ant.....should cut reception. If no change you have ant problem

05-29-04, 05:24 PM   #3  
Posted By: Corky Bennett Man, I must be getting old!! I like to listen to AM radio, but lately I'm getting a lot of noise on my radio when I listen to AM. It seems like it is worse when I'm close to power lines or when I'm using my turn signals. Thanks for any ideas.
Most of that sounds pretty normal to me. That's why they invented FM.

ME

05-31-04, 05:58 PM   #4  
I agree with Desi501- everything you described is indicitive of AM radio, especially when you're close to power lines (it's basically this same principle behind why you can literelly hear lightning over AM radio when there's a storm in the area.) As for the turn signals affecting it, I have the same thing when I'm listening to AM in the car and I'm 25-30 miles away from the source of the signal.

Search this Thread