Power Problem

Old 05-30-04, 01:28 PM
TheNewLMHDesign
Visiting Guest
Power Problem

While starting the redoing of the interior, i wired up 2 15" neon glows with strobe attachments for under the dash through the CD player of my car, and two of the wires accidently touched (ground wire and power source) now the car thinks the doors are still open and it keeps the car lights on, as well as does its normal ding ding stuff. Any clue what the heck is going on? I already replaced all the fuses it blew when they touched, so everything is working fine besides what I just said up there....as well as the power to my cd player now working anymore.

Everything else seems to be in working order. Any suggestions?

Do the older Grand Ams like the one i have, have a seperate fuse box somewhere that i dont know about (2 Fuse boxes...one inside the car and one in the engine)?

Any clue where i can get some wiring diagrams to check this stuff out so i can continue on with the project, and not have to worry about that.
Thanks.
Lee.

PS- It's a 1994 Grand AM SE with the 3.1V6

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-04, 02:00 PM
Try disconnecting the new wiring you may have tapped into the wrong circuit and are getting feedback.

Old 05-30-04, 03:03 PM
TheNewLMHDesign
Visiting Guest
Already did that. Closed up the wires and everything, and still nothing is working. The door is still freaking like its open, and the lights are still on. The CD player has no power still either.

Old 05-31-04, 04:31 AM
Try checking the fusible links at the starter.If you pull on them and they stretch they are likely bad.I think there is only 1 fuse block on your car.You will also have to check for one of the wires between the doors and the chime module for a short to ground.I don't have a wiring diagram for your car so I can't be more specific about which wire may be grounded.Maybe you will get lucky if you find a bad fusible link.

Old 05-31-04, 11:27 AM
TheNewLMHDesign
Visiting Guest
Yeah, thats what I am hoping for. That's what I'll be doing all day today. So wish me luck. I will report in before the day is over. Thanks for the ideas, i'll look into them.