Paintless Dent Removal

Old 05-31-04, 06:55 AM
Paintless Dent Removal

We had a serious hail storm here two weeks ago and I had my first experience with paintless dent removal. Our car hood looked like someone did a drum solo with two ball peen hammers. The insurance co. said they would only pay for PDR and I'm a long time believer in traditional body repair. I had my doubts, and my opiniopn has changed. My car is as smooth as glass again and my wife is happy with her car. This is not a commercial for PDR, only what I have seen.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-04, 06:58 AM
Amazing! Can't tell, huh?

Old 05-31-04, 08:46 AM
They did, in one afternoon what would have taken my regulay autobody man a week. I watched them for a while and it looked like a pretty easy job. I guess they're like the storm chasers on the movie "Twister" (although nobody there looked like Helen Hunt). They had a series of tools that I have never seen. They were long bars bent in different fashions with rubber T handles on them. They called it "massaging" the back of the dent until it was gone. And they said that today's auto paint is more flexible than the older paint. BTW some of the hailstones were the size of baseballs. I couldn't imagine getting hit with one falling from the sky. Large ice balls at terminal velocity, No thanks.

Last edited by Daniel Wachtel; 06-01-04 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-01-04, 08:16 AM
I've never heard of PDR- that's interesting- except Jodi Foster wasn't in Twister, it was Helen Hunt.

Old 06-01-04, 12:43 PM
I'll catch that in editing