My Car Stopped In The Middle Of The Road

Old 06-01-04, 07:33 AM
JayTee1
Visiting Guest
My Car Stopped In The Middle Of The Road

Yesterday afternoon my car stopped in the middle of the road. I can't get my car to start again. I tried this morning and it still won't start.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions? or any idea as to what might need to be replaced?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

Old 06-01-04, 10:00 AM
D
Received 12 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Well, first you left out the most relevant info, year, make. model of the vehicle.
Second there is really no way to even begin to guess just with this info, it could be fuel system, ignition, mechanical, the list goes on. Some diagnostics have to be done to make even a slightly educated guess.

Old 06-01-04, 11:55 AM
JayTee1
Visiting Guest
how is year make and model relevant? i didn't think it was so i left it out. thought it would simplify things, guess not.

Old 06-01-04, 02:10 PM
Stoopy
Visiting Guest
Well, to help keep it simple, some real generic suggestions to start with could be:

1) Try to push it out of the middle of the road if it's still there.

2) Check to see if it's out of gas.

Old 06-01-04, 02:24 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JayTee1
how is year make and model relevant?.
Please read the sticky at the top of the forum titled "read this before posting"

Old 06-01-04, 02:27 PM
P
how is year make and model relevant? i didn't think it was so i left it out. thought it would simplify things, guess not.
You're kidding, right? In the absence of said relevant info, refer to Stoopy's reply....

Old 06-01-04, 05:23 PM
M
the relavance

There is relavance to what kind of car has the problem.A 65 chevy will stop if points stick shut, a 70s Gm car will stop if ignition module fails.a new Gm will stop when the fuel pump (in the tank) goes south you see what we are getting at.

Old 06-01-04, 05:29 PM
D
Well you were asked for info but replied with so what basically so now you are left with a decision.Do you want help or not?If yes post the info if not you will not get an intelligent answer.

Old 06-01-04, 10:10 PM
JayTee1
Visiting Guest
my car is a 1990 Honda Civic DX

Old 06-02-04, 08:31 AM
How many miles on it?

And how often do you do maintenance on it? For example: spark plugs, air filter, timing belt, fuel filter, etc...

And have you checked it for spark and fuel?

Alot of the people on here are good at diagnosing vehicles, but they arent mind readers. More information is better and usually means a faster, cheaper repair.

Old 06-05-04, 01:39 PM
D
Pull the distributer cap off and have someone crank the engine and see if the rotor turns if it doesn't you need a timing belt.If it turns put the cap back on and check for spark.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: