Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ford dealer left rag in engine

Visiting Guest

06-07-04, 09:03 PM   #1  
Rob Knox
Ford dealer left rag in engine

i took my windstar into the local ford dealership because the check engine light was on and the gas mileage was very bad. was told the lower intake manifold was bad and needed to be replaced. after they replaced it they took it out for a test drive. during the test drive the oil light came on followed by a ticking noise in the engine. after they investigated the problem it was discovered they left a rag in the intake manifold and that is what trashed the oil pump. questions are as follows:
1. should i be satisfied with them just pulling the engine and inspecting for damage.
2. should this be a new engine at their cost?
3. should i have to pay for anything now that they have potentially trashed my engine?

thanks for any good words

Sponsored Links

06-08-04, 03:58 AM   #2  
There would be no question that they would be responsible for any and all repairs related that cause. The question is, just how much damage is there? If it wasn't driven excessivly with the oil light on then there probably wouldn't be much damage beyond the oil pump. Take it to another mechanic for a second opinion if you would feel more comfortable. Just make sure, it's a highly respected shop or their opinion will mean nothing.

06-08-04, 01:34 PM   #3  
They are responsible for the damages. If they don't repair your car with there own money then you need to take them to court and make sure they do!

Search this Thread