Finding Volkswagen Key Code

Old 06-08-04, 07:21 PM
STMPEDVW9
Visiting Guest
Finding Volkswagen Key Code

I have a 1973 VW Beetle and im trying to get my key code. Does anyone know how to find it on the ignition switch... Or how to take the ignition out.
Any help would be great!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-04, 07:44 AM
thekeymaker
Visiting Guest
why do you need to get your keycode. is this vehicle your Car. also how many keys operated this car before hand if you want reply here or e-mail me. Don,

Old 06-09-04, 09:10 AM
STMPEDVW9
Visiting Guest
yes is my car why would i be asking this?
because i have no more keys for it i lost them.
1 key operated the door locks and the ignition.

Old 06-09-04, 10:15 AM
thekeymaker
Visiting Guest
i have to ask for Security reasons because i am a Locksmith i usally require proof of owner ship before i make a lost key for a individual. how are you looking to have the key made when you get the code. Don, P.S. the door handle is easier to take off then your ignition. Don,

Old 06-09-04, 11:17 AM
Do you have AAA motor club or something like it? AAA basic will cover the first $50 of prob $80 to get the key made or AAA plus will cover the entire cost of the guy to come out to your place and make a key. Or, call the locksmith you plan to use and ask the best way to get him what he needs. I don't know how a lock cylinder comes out of a bug or I would give that info too.

Old 06-09-04, 11:58 AM
thekeymaker
Visiting Guest
to get the door handle lock out just open up the door. and there should be a phillips screw in line with the door handle. only one screw holds the lock in just watch for the cams on removal. Check your owners Manual for the Codes there might be a metal tag. Don,

Old 06-09-04, 09:35 PM
thekeymaker
Visiting Guest
if you get the Code how are you going to get a Key for it. do you have your own Key Equipment. let me know if you need more Help also the correct code may and may not be on your car. Don,