Need help on know how to work with fiberglass

Old 06-11-04, 01:57 AM
Richie Rizzo
Visiting Guest
Cool Need help on know how to work with fiberglass

see i have a fiber glass bumper and it has cracks in it. I need to know how to get these cracks out. im willing to learn if some just shows me how.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-04, 10:45 AM
Group Moderator
What kind of vehicle we talking about, R.R. Most car bumpers are plastic or rubber (or a combination of the two). Fiberglas would not hold up well as a bumper material; one little bump into anything and it would crack/break.

Old 06-13-04, 11:20 AM
Give that scenario and the assumption that, since you say you have a "fiberglass" bumper, you actually have an aftermarket bumper such as a ground effects kit. Is it actually the bumper that is cracked or is it just the paint?
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

Old 06-14-04, 01:17 AM
Richie Rizzo
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

yes it is an aftermarket bumper i want to know what i need to do to get them out. do i need like some type of resin

Old 06-14-04, 03:44 AM
Again, is it cracks in the fiberglass or in the paint?
If it is in the fiberglass, it will take some elbow grease and possibly some fiberglass cloth to strengthen the material as well as resin and hardener.
If it is just the paint that is cracked then you just need to sand it and repaint. Just be careful sanding because it doesnt take much to get down to the fiberglass on these pieces.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy