Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

93 Buick 3.3

06-11-04, 10:15 AM   #1  
93 Buick 3.3

Going to get some tune up parts tomorrow, I have a 93 Buick Century with a 3.3 liter engine. The fuel filters are diffrent and one is for TBI and one for multi port FI. How do I tell which is which. Thanks

Sponsored Links

06-11-04, 02:38 PM   #2  
TBI looks like a carb., MPFI doesn't. If a parts house told you that TBI was a choice on that car, I'd find a different parts house.

06-11-04, 04:14 PM   #3  
Yes I agree that engine never had TBI.It's a very reliable engine and should treat you well with regular maintenance.Buy a tube of dielectric grease to apply to the inside of the spark plug wire boots.My opinion is the little packet that they include with a wire set isn't enough for one boot.I load them up pretty good to keep air and moisture out to prevent corrosion and carbon tracking.

06-11-04, 04:45 PM   #4  
Thanks, I have a generic manual, Chiltons, that I was looking up part numbers in for when I go to the parts house. There was no identification on the engine except it has 3300 on the valve cover. Glad to hear that the engine is a good one. I've put on 30,000 miles in the last few years and haven't put a dime into it.
How long should plugs last on this thing? I put some in when I got the car 2 years ago and I'm from the old school of changing them at 10,000 miles but the manual says 100,000. I have a slight problem when I first start it trying to put it into gear it will stall if I don't let it sit for a minute. I also have to say I'm intimidated by it as I can't recognize half the things in the engine compartment.

Search this Thread