Mitsubishi Engine Code P1105

Old 06-13-04, 04:14 PM
Mitsubishi Engine Code P1105

Can anyone tell me what a P1105 check engine code means on a '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 2 liter Turbo?

OK, I found a website that says it is the Fuel Pressure Solenoid. Fuel pump was recently replaced. What and where is the fuel pressure solenoid?

Thanks!

Joe

Last edited by joeneedshelp; 06-13-04 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Found the code
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-04, 06:15 PM
The definition I found says "Dual alternator upper fault" Might be worth checking a little further to find out which one is right.

Old 06-13-04, 07:21 PM
MOD shows it as an FPSV too. It's located on the left side of the firewall, it has two vacuum lines, one black and one white, and a two wire connector (blue/red & red). You'll need a DVOM, a hand vacuum pump, and a couple of jumper wires to check it.

Old 06-14-04, 03:52 AM
I second the fuel pressure solenoid valve.... Thats what Alldata is telling me. Check that and you cant go wrong. The ECM is measuring voltage when the FPSV is open and closed to determine fuel flow. Check your battery first. IF you have a weak battery then this could cause your problem as well.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

Old 08-09-04, 07:23 PM
Fuel Pressure Solenoid

In June, I originally posted this. Based on the excellent help, I found where I had failed to connect the wires to the fuel pressure solenoid that I had disconnected when working on something else near it. Hooked the wires up, cleared the code and everything has been fine until today.

P1105 is back. Are there specific tests I can do to test the solenoid or do I just need to replace it?

Thanks again for the help,
Joe

Old 08-09-04, 07:47 PM
The first step is to test the fpsv. Im betting thats where your problem lies, but you should test it to make sure it is bad before you replace it.
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

Old 08-10-04, 07:23 PM
How do I test it

Yup that's what I want to do. How do I test it?

Thanks,
Joe

Old 08-27-04, 08:33 AM
Fpsv

Thanks for all the replies. Any chance of getting a little more explicit instructions on how to test it?

Thanks for your help,
Joe