88 full size bronco

Old 06-15-04, 09:22 PM
wtfdissux
Visiting Guest
Exclamation 88 full size bronco

I have two problems to takle on this truck (i love and hate it in the trails and the gas pump) first the thermactor valve was laid on the exhaust by the previous owner and is cooked beyond recognition along with its vacuum line. how do find out wich og 3 different ones i have and where the vacuum and or wires went to/from?

second and slightly stupid question if i am replacing only the lower ball joint (cost reasons) do i have to pull the spindle as i do not own the tool for the axle beerings if so or not any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-16-04, 04:08 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The emission label under the hood will show where the vacuum lines go.You may have to go to a junkyard to find a valve that fits Ford may not even be able to get you 1 due to the age of the vehicle.You need to remove the spindle,axle and steering knuckle to do a ball joint.Maybe you can rent a spindle nut socket and ball joint press.Autozone may be able to help with the tools.I understand the cost but after you do this job you will wish you did both at the same time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: