88 full size bronco


Old 06-15-04, 10:22 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Exclamation 88 full size bronco

I have two problems to takle on this truck (i love and hate it in the trails and the gas pump) first the thermactor valve was laid on the exhaust by the previous owner and is cooked beyond recognition along with its vacuum line. how do find out wich og 3 different ones i have and where the vacuum and or wires went to/from?

second and slightly stupid question if i am replacing only the lower ball joint (cost reasons) do i have to pull the spindle as i do not own the tool for the axle beerings if so or not any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-04, 05:08 AM
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa
Posts: 2,417
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The emission label under the hood will show where the vacuum lines go.You may have to go to a junkyard to find a valve that fits Ford may not even be able to get you 1 due to the age of the vehicle.You need to remove the spindle,axle and steering knuckle to do a ball joint.Maybe you can rent a spindle nut socket and ball joint press.Autozone may be able to help with the tools.I understand the cost but after you do this job you will wish you did both at the same time.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title: