orifice tube

Old 06-19-04, 07:19 PM
orifice tube

i have a 1996 isuzu hombre 2.2 liter motor,4 speed. i'm replacing the a.c.compresser,evaporator,and orifice tube.i was told the orifice tube is made in my hose?? is that true?? if not where is it located.i've looked at the end of my hose and didn;t see it.i'm just trying to save labor so all i have to do is take it to the shop and have them vacum the lines and recharge the system. thanks for any info.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-04, 02:55 AM
Follow the liquis line from it's origin at the condenser back to the evaporater and look for the little crinp in the pipe that holds it in place. Some of those chevy's use black, reverse direction tube at the condenser. Others put it in the evaporater. It will be right at one of the connections.

Old 06-20-04, 07:59 AM
Your Orifice Tube must be made into the hose as there is no procedure for replacing it listed on Alldata. This doesnt mean that its an absolute fact, but im pretty sure if it is servicable then it would be shown.
Billy

Old 06-20-04, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by billys68ss
Your Orifice Tube must be made into the hose as there is no procedure for replacing it listed on Alldata. This doesnt mean that its an absolute fact, but im pretty sure if it is servicable then it would be shown.
Billy
That's an S10 pick up with an Izuzu tag on it. I've never sen a GM enclose the tube. I think you'll find it is removable. Just open the connections and look. There can't be more than 3 connections in the entire liquid line. If you have felt the temp of the line before starting it, it would have been easy. Any test ports in the liquid line should be a hint. Low is after the tube, high is before.