1986 Mercury grand marquis

Old 06-26-04, 02:13 PM
tigger61
Visiting Guest
1986 Mercury grand marquis

its fuel injected 302 when the car has been sitting about an hour it won't start without spraying ether in it but after you get it started it and running it will start every time as long as the motor is warm. Had it put on a computer to check what was wrong with they couldnt get my car to communicate with the computer all he could tell me was that I was 420 psi from my fuel injectors so they were good but something was shutting down the gas to them or shutting down one of my injectors .So we got an ohm meters to check the sensors but didnt know what the reading should be. Also at first when you take off in the car you get put on the gas.it kills it. When you are driving it and you push on the gas it starts shaking like its going to die and you have to let off the gas just a little to get it to go

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-04, 03:58 PM
Try a different shop. You don't have 420psi from your injecters. You need to resovle the communication issue with the scanner first. That could be their equipment. You need to know what's going on with all the sensor inputs.