Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Chevy Pickup Manual

Visiting Guest

06-27-04, 08:31 AM   #1  
dolojo
Chevy Pickup Manual

I wonder if anyone could help me by suggesting a website that might carry a Haynes or Chilton-like Manual for a '94 Chevy pickup, 1500 Z71, V8 4wd, power trans.
I have the owner's manuel, I need a repair manuel. I can only find ones for the S10 or Sonoma.
Id really like to find info on the electrical system of the 1500 engine.

Sponsored Links

06-27-04, 09:09 AM   #2  
I would suggest alldata.com but they charge $25 a year per vehicle.A haynes or Chilton will not have wiring diagrams.You could also try the local library for a service manual at no cost.What type of problem do you have?

Visiting Guest

06-27-04, 08:41 PM   #3  
dolojo
Chevy Manuel, Electrical problems

I'm having electrical problems. Not real major ones, yet. So far its been centered on my dashboard. But I'd still like to get my hands on a diagram of the dashboard and front end of this particular Chevy.
The problems I'm having actually started with my CD Player, it just grunts and moans, period, but I thinks thats mostly the players fault. The next to go was my odometer. Seems like every car/truck I've ever owned, the first thing to go is the odometer. Then my radio has gone and sometimes clicks on and off by itself, which points to a short, but where? I've looked underneath, I don't know which of the thousands of wires under the dash goes to the radio. Everything looks like its plugged in!
Now, my windshield wipers only work when they want to. They definitely will work if I turn them to High, but when I turn them to any lower point they either work every 3 to 5 minutes, or not at all. Now its getting to be not at all. We had to replace a solenoid on this chevy recently because the truck was not starting. We thought it was because the battery cables were not connecting correctly, so we bought new cables, helped a little, but still had problems starting it. I think we burned out the starter trying to start it so many times, and I still think it was something electrical. But, no one listens to me. Thats why I would like to get my hands on a manual and try to take care of my own car or at least find out.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dottie

Search this Thread