power door locks

Old 06-29-04, 06:19 AM
power door locks

Hi I have a 98 Mercury Villager and thr power locks are locking without me touching the button controls can anyone help? Thanks Jim

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-04, 03:58 PM
Describe the problem in more detail if you want some suggestions.Some cars lock the doors automatically at a certain speed or when the vehicle is placed in drive and it's normal operation.

Old 07-01-04, 07:24 AM
doorlocks

Sorry for not being more specific the problem is when the car is parked and in the garage the doors lock sometimes and not other times lucky I had the other set of keys as we leave the keys in the ignition when parked in garage thanks for answering. Jim

Old 07-01-04, 04:07 PM
If the car is equipped with remote keyless entry the other remote may be getting inadvertanly activated.Does the car have an aftermarket alarm or remote start?

Old 07-01-04, 04:15 PM
doorlocks

Hi Davo: yes the car has another keyless remote however that is hanging on the wall and there is no remote start nor does it have an alarm. Thanks Jim PS would aweak battery in one of the remotes cause this problem? Thanks

Old 07-02-04, 07:06 AM
Its also possible that one of your neighbors has a remote with a similar frequency. My neighbor has a Villager as well (not sure of the year) and when my brother visits with his Dodge Dakota, his remote activates the Villagers keyless entry.
Also, if you plan to continue to leave your keys in the car, roll down the window. Then it wont matter if it locks.