94 Toyota Camry Disc Brake Replacement

Old 06-29-04, 07:28 PM
dgrinfl
Visiting Guest
Question 94 Toyota Camry Disc Brake Replacement

I am considering replacing the disc brakes on my 94 Camry and am wondering if there is anything I should be aware of before tackeling this poject. I have changed both disc and drum brakes in the past and have somewhat an idea of the process. However, this was done sometime ago and I am sure things have changed. Any special tools or tricks that will save me some future hassels? Thanks for any ideas.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-04, 08:22 AM
my 2 cents

I do not have a Camary but a Corolla did mine yesterday.If it is the same all you need is a 14 mm socket reomove tire first then remove bottom bolt from caliper.Swing it up (no need to remove top bolt) it is a pin.Take out old pads and install new.Push back piston with a Clamp use old brake pad to push piston in.Put caliper back down install bottom bolt and torque down.

Old 07-08-04, 07:21 AM
You will need to remove the caliper if you want to resurface or replace the rotors.
I had good experience with BOSCH brake pads, I use them on all my cars now. They are even better then the Toyota pads. If you do decide to replace the rotors don't go for the cheap ones, this car loves to warp rotors.