Intrepid interior lights coming on

Old 06-30-04, 02:19 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Intrepid interior lights coming on

Hi all,

I have a 2002 Dodge Intrepid SE. It's been a good car thus far, and previously, I had a 1993 that I cranked out to over 400,000 miles! Good vehicles. Anyone wanna argue?! J/K

Anyway, one thing I noticed last week is that in my Intrepid (actually, it's my wife's and I don't drive it often) the interior lights will flicker on occassionally as I drive it. They'll flicker for just a fraction of a second, but it seems fairly consistent in that if I drive for an hour it might happen 10 times.

In addition, I cannot nail down a specific thing that triggers it. At first, I thought it was only when I went over a bump or something. That's not it because it happens regardless of whether or not the road is smooth or not. It's totally sporadic in timing as well. Sometimes, it'll happen right on top of each other, other times it will take 20 minutes between flickers.

Also, I originally thought that it was only happening to the lights in the front seat in the center ceiling console, but it turns out that it's all the interior lights.

What is happening? It's out of warranty, so I thought I'd ask here first before paying someone too much money. Any thoughts? Thank you!

Chris

PS. Car has about 52,000 miles on it and is babied. 12 highway miles to work every morning, and 12 back every afternoon. I treat her right, as I do all of my vehicles.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-04, 03:21 AM
it is likely a door switch problem try spraying the latch of all the doors with wd 40 and see if the problem still occurs.

Old 07-01-04, 01:33 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Ok, I'll try that and let you know. Thanks for the reply.

Chris