foggy situation!

Old 07-01-04, 05:34 AM
Unhappy foggy situation!

Hi,
I have a 1999 Kia Sephia. I live in Alabama and we have had rain every day for 2 weeks solid. My problem is this; when it is rainy weather, all the windows fog over on the inside of my car. My car has a very good heater, so I use the defroster to try to clear things up. It usually takes a long time to get the windows clear again, and since the heater is very good, it gets too hot inside the car. I have to roll one of the windows down a little so that some fresh air can come into the car. This usually helps some.

Is there any thing I can do to help the situation from occuring so much? I know rain-X makes an anti-fog liquid that is supposed to keep mirrors and windows from fogging up. But, does it really work?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dean

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-04, 02:47 PM
You do not have to have the temp set to hot to defrost your windows.If you have a/c and it works it should help defog the windows because it will remove moisture.Someone I work with claims the rain-x works but I have never used it personally.

Old 07-01-04, 04:16 PM
Running the A/C should be sufficient.

Old 07-01-04, 05:02 PM
You are using it on "Recirc" instead of Fresh

Old 07-02-04, 04:37 AM
Group Moderator
I've never used the Fog-X, but we use Rain-X on our trucks and I can vouch for the effectiveness. Especially good when it's raining so hard the windshield wipers can't keep up, but even in a moderate rain the visibility is much improved because the water beads up and goes off the windshield in between wiper sweeps.