2001 Ford Focus wobble

Old 07-01-04, 05:39 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2001 Ford Focus wobble

My father-in-law bought a new manual transmission Focus in 2001. By last year, the car had developed a noticeable wobble when driving at moderate to high speeds. We noticed a spiral wear pattern on the rear drivers' side tire. The dealer punted, said the problem was with the tire, and directed him to the tire manufacturer. Now the problem has gradually gone away, and the car drives smoothly again.

Could anything other than the tire be causing the problem? I worry that the simple fact that the wobble went away doesn't necessarily mean that the source of the problem is gone, and wonder if this is just a "quiet" phase in an ongoing, progressive problem. Does anybody have any ideas about this?

He occasionally drives with my toddler (w/ car seat), and this makes me nervous too...

Old 07-01-04, 09:02 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by baltimoron
He occasionally drives with my toddler (w/ car seat), and this makes me nervous too...
Definately have the tires inspected at a tire shop. Better safe than sorry and I'm sure they won't charge you. They could have a tech take a peek for anything else obvious while it's in the air too.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: