94 Chevy pickup - Strange problem

Old 07-01-04, 08:16 AM
Deadeye
Visiting Guest
94 Chevy pickup - Strange problem

Hey fellas, I'm new here and I hope ya'll can help me out. I've got a 94 Chevy Silverado light duty 3/4 ton pickup truck (350 engine, throttle body). I'm the original and only owner. It has 175,000 miles on it, and I've been real lucky; it's never given me much trouble, and NEVER left me stranded. Until last night, that is.

I was driving along at about 20 MPH on a dirt road. I stopped to pick some wildflowers for my lovely wife. I put it in park, and the engine died. I couldn't get it started back up. I got my Father-In-Law to tow me back to town (2 miles), and we pushed it on my slab in front of my garage. I went out this morning, and it fired within 2 seconds. Now it seems to run fine. I know it's getting fuel, as I can hear the pump buzz until it gets pressure. It must be getting spark, and air, as it started up this morning. I'm wondering about a possible electronic problem, as this now qaulifies as intermitten. Anybody know of a common situation like this? I appreciate any and all answers. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-04, 02:46 PM
VolvoTech
Visiting Guest
Possibly

It could be a number on things, perhaps a fuel pump starting to die. Check your fuel pressure with a gauge set next time it dies.

Old 07-01-04, 03:08 PM
Also when it won't start check for spark and injector pulse at that mileage any number of things come into play.If it's never had a fuel pump I would not be suprised to find it going bad.