Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Antenna

AZ

07-02-04, 07:02 AM   #1  
Antenna

I have a 1988 Nisson Max. and the auto raise on the antenna will not go up or down like it should.
The ? is does anyone know how or where I can get info. on how to get to the little motor and rewinder thing to be able to fix it??????????????

Thanks
Don

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

FL

07-03-04, 02:25 PM   #2  
Depends on where it's loacted on that particular model. I tried fixing the one on my brother's Sable a while back. It was on the right front fender and I accessed the motor mechanism by removing the front tire and fender well. Unfortunately after I disassembled it and got the bad part out I discovered you couldn't buy a replacement mast (thanks Ford!). Ended up engineering a fixed mast using the existing motor as a mount.

VA

07-03-04, 04:58 PM   #3  
Not sure about Nissans

I repaired my antenna last year: on my Honda (not sure about Nissan) the antenna extends and retracts by way of a nylon pinion. It looks like a long zip tie with gear teeth notched into it; mine had broken inside the motor.

I got the replacement part from www.antennamastsrus.com (actually bought mine on EBay, but this is their site). They include a cheat sheet about how to fix your model car, so maybe they can help you too. Good luck with it!

Visiting Guest

07-06-04, 12:17 AM   #4  
preskitaz
Your probably better off buying a new power antenna as opposed to replacing the mast. It saves time, money & its 100% new. You can get one for around $25 in Arizona. Harada, Metra & Hirschmann are good examples & they make a universal style that will fit your car just as good if not better than the original. I can help you out with advice on the install if you want. I have been a professional mobile & marine electronics installer since 1988.

Search this Thread