1995 Plymouth Voyager Check Engine Light

Old 07-06-04, 03:32 PM
smj5169
Visiting Guest
1995 Plymouth Voyager Check Engine Light

Yes I have a 1995 Plymouth Voyager with the 3.0 engine and the check engine light came on while we were out of town. The van ran with no problems. When I turned van off and started it back up the light never came back on and never had a problem with the way the van ran. I know that the computer will store check engine codes so I went to Auto Zone and they told me they only do it on 1996 and up Voyagers. Question is can I check the codes some other way besides taken it to dealer? I just don't want to pay dealer $50 to $100 to say there is no code or nothing wrong with it, but I would also hate for it to be something that could do damage to van if not repaired because it has 90,000 on it but still looks and drives great. Thanks for any help with this.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-04, 04:04 PM
First set the parking brake
Turn the ignition key ON,OFF,ON,OFF,and finally ON again(ENGINE NOT RUNNING)
The codes will start to flash on the POWER LOSS or CHECK ENGINE light.
FLASH,pause,FLASH,FLASH=code 12

Old 08-02-04, 05:12 PM
What exactly does a code 12 mean? I just did that to my 89 voyager and got the same result. My check engine is not on but the maint reqd has been on since we bought it over a yr and a half ago.

Thanks
Susan

Old 08-02-04, 05:58 PM
Code 12 means the computer is OK and capable of storing codes. If that's all you found, there are no codes. The maintanance required light is a maintanance reminder light. Your owners manual will tell you what maintanance it's reminding you about but it's usually to check the O/2 sensor because of specific mileage.