Compressor bearing GMC

Old 07-09-04, 05:42 PM
Compressor bearing GMC

My son has a 95 GMC Suburbon the A/C commpressor bearing is is bad what is involved with the replacment.Does the Freon need to come out?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-04, 07:17 PM
Johnc280
Visiting Guest
Which bearing?

If it is just he clutch bearing then you can make the repair without evacuating the system provided you can do it on the car. If it is truely the compressor bearing then you need to evacuate the system and replace the compressor, which means you should also replace the drier and orifice tube. I would also recommend flushing the system to remove as many fragments from the system that you can.

Johnny

Old 07-09-04, 07:23 PM
here is what I see

I looked at it and it has shot oil all over the place the belt with is a sepitine has almost shreaded.I just asked him if it made noise while A/C is off and he said yes it does but makes more noise with it on.I am not or he is not going to mess with it I just want to know what to expect when it goes into the shop.

Old 07-10-04, 02:26 AM
If it's shooting oil, then that means refrigerant leak. Replace the compressor using NEW only, no reman. Also replace the accumulator and O tube.

Old 07-10-04, 08:30 AM
Yep

Yep we brought the truck in today to the local shop they are not open but they also run the local NAPA parts store next to the garage.They are a family run shop and have done work for us before.I guess about a 1000 bucks I am sure glad I am not paying for the repairs .

Old 07-16-04, 06:59 PM
update

My son in laws A/C is fixed cost at a local gararge 1500 dollars.They had to replace everything from the evaporater back.This truck has a dual air system so it was a big job.they started on Monday and it was done yesterday.You just have to have air here in North Texas.The ASE mechanics did a super job and I really like this little shop.