Radiator Fan Out

Old 07-10-04, 09:48 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Radiator Fan Out

1994 Plymouth Voyager, 3.3L V6

My radiator fan motor refuses to activate. About a week ago I replaced the radiator fan motor assembly and everything worked great. Yesterday it stopped working again. I tested the fan motor and it's working fine. So, I changed out the temperature sensor and the sensor/sending unit. Still no fan. I'm thinking there must be another part in the circuit that I'm missing - like a relay?

If anyone knows where I need to look next, please let me know. Thanks!

Old 07-11-04, 12:21 AM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
get a hold of a wiring diagram from your local library.

94's were near the transition from relays bolted to the strut tower (behind the battery)and fusible links in the harness, to 95's that had the underhood PDC with relays and maxi-fuses inside that could be easliy inspected and swapped(and were labeled nicely too).

if you had a truely bad fan motor, i'd be next to positive it took out the fusible link or at least hurt it slightly, to where it's finally gone bad now.
that, and a possible bad contact inside the relay, which might work sometimes, and sometimes not.

Old 07-11-04, 09:16 AM
Thanks Mike. I'll take a look at it today.

Thanks again!

Old 07-11-04, 12:50 PM
I looked at the wiring diagrams in my Chilton's and found the fuses in the PDC. As it turned out, I didn't really need the diagrams since it was easy to spot the two fuses that were fried. Five bucks at Schucks and the problem is now fixed.

I really appreciate the help Mike. I learned a lot more about my car during the repair process.

Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: