"Brake Service" Warning Light ON.

Old 07-17-04, 05:41 PM
chau_ya
Visiting Guest
Unhappy "Brake Service" Warning Light ON.

Hi all,

I hope some of you out there can help me on this.
My Mazda truck B2200, 1990, had brake problem and so the "Brake Service" red warning light was on. I have fixed the problem by replacing new pads, front and rear. Also, I changed one caliper that leaked. The brakes seem working well now. Problem is the red warning light's still on. How do I turn it off? I appreciate all hints/instructions. Thanks for helping me in advance.

Regards.

Old 07-17-04, 05:52 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It's telling you either the parking brake is on or there is still a problem. It is possible for it to get stuck if you drove it that way for a while. Try pushing on the brake real hard with the engine running. sometimes that will center it. Are you sure you have a very good pedal?

Old 07-17-04, 06:18 PM
chau_ya
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

Hi Desi501,

Thanks for your quick reply.
>>Are you sure you have a very good pedal?

Beats me. How do I know that my pedal is good? Let me know what to look for in order to determine the pedal is good. For now it seems good to me. But for a car-repair novice like me, I could be wrong.

I have tried to brake hard when backing a few times. The emergency brake handle applied OK ( I feel when I pull it tight ).

Again, thanks for your hints, Desi.
Regards.

Old 07-18-04, 02:44 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
With the engine off, is the pedal at the top and hard? Does it drop no more than a couple inches when the engine is started? If the pedal is low or spongy, you may still have air in the system. Otherwise, the valve could be stuck. It won't effect your braking but takes away the benefit of having a warning in case of a problem. You can unplug the single wire from the proportioning valve to put it out but I don't recommend that.

Old 07-18-04, 10:08 AM
chau_ya
Visiting Guest
Hi Desi,

From what you mention of how to check for a good pedal, I believe I have a good one. I'll doublecheck it and get back to you otherwise.

Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: