99 Chevy Tahoe Keyless Entry

Old 07-21-04, 06:28 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
99 Chevy Tahoe Keyless Entry

Does anybody know how to program/reprogram the keyless entry remotes on a 99 Tahoe? The car only came with one, and I bought a second one from Ebay (same numbers on the back). Now I need to figure out how to program it. AllData was of no help (or perhaps I didn't know where to look?). I know I could go to the dealer, but they want to charge too much..

Old 07-21-04, 02:42 PM
D
If you have the base model you jumper pin#4 to pin#8 on the data link connector.The locks should cycle.If you want the horn to chirp leave the key off if you don't want the chirp turn the key on before jumping the pins.Hold lock and unlock on the transmitter at the same time the locks will cycle after about 10 seconds then do the same on the other transmitter.If you have the luxury model turn the key to run then off remove the radio fuse #17.Turn the key off and on 3 times in 5 seconds the locks should cycle.Hold the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter for about 15 seconds the locks should cycle repeat then do the next transmitter.Turn the key off replace the radio fuse and try both transmitters.

Old 07-22-04, 06:29 AM
T
It worked like a charm. One remote tooks twice as long to program as the other, but they both work now.
I did find the information on AllData finally last night.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: