Oil Pressure and Temp Gauge

Old 11-19-01, 02:20 PM
Visiting Guest
why will this not post???????

Ok, I took one of my cars(87 shelby charger) to a shop with a broken cv axle.Two weeks later I got a call from the shop, they said they put the axle in, took it for a test drive, and that the tranny just "broke".Well I was pissed for a long time and called the better business beureau on him, that didnt help any....oh well.So I was thinking about scrapping the car.My question is do you think it would be worth the time and money to put a new tranny in one of these things?Is it a difficult removal/install?I am a student at ranken tech in Saint Louis so I have access to specialized tools and advice,.....I'm just questioning myself if its gonna be worth it.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-04, 11:51 AM
thecroc
Visiting Guest
Oil Pressure and Temp Gauge

I recently had another engine installed in a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse. The car seems to run great, but he did'nt connect the oil pressure or the temp gauges. I had a terrible experience with the mechanic and won't take it back to him. I took it to another mechanic and he said there were a lot of cut wires all over the place and he couldn't figure them out. I have already spent more than I wanted to. Will these gauges not being hooked up cause any damage other than not being able to know the temp or oil pressure. Can anyone give me some advice as what to do. Someone told me that this would cause the fan not to come on to cool.

Last edited by thecroc; 07-25-04 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-25-04, 05:49 AM
It depends on how the system is wired for the fan circuit.Some cars use 2 sensors 1 for the fan and 1 for the computer.If someone cut my wires they would be fixing them or paying someone else to do so.If the other mechanic doesn't know where they go you are at the wrong shop again.Wires are color coded and any place with wiring diagrams should be able to repair the cut wires.

Old 07-25-04, 06:08 AM
they said they put the axle in, took it for a test drive, and that the tranny just "broke".
That sounds suspicious. What can a person do when something like this happens?

Old 07-25-04, 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by jeff67
That sounds suspicious. What can a person do when something like this happens?
Jeff that is an old post that got here some how.But to answer your question I had a Honda that came in with broken cv shafts because the tranny was locked up and the customer claimed he heard no noise.