98 Voyager serpentine belt

Old 07-26-04, 12:34 PM
delamex
Visiting Guest
98 Voyager serpentine belt

Help!, The serpentine belt on my 98 Voyager (3.3L) was replaced 3 weeks ago and since have slipped twice. The upgrade bracket on the idler have been installed after the 1st time it slipped, but it did it again last Saturday during a light rain. I check the Chilton manual and it stated that to remove the belt, the tensioner should be turned clockwise to release the tension. My question is that, do you turn the tensioner by turning it thru the mounting bolt on the center on the roller(tensioner)?.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-04, 01:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Just looked at my wife's '99 3.3L and the answer is yes. Put a wrench or the bolt and pull towards the front of the car to relieve tension. Is this an aftermarket belt or a factory belt. I have had aftermarket belts that would stretch and slip in a short period of time. They sure don't give you much working room on the Voyager.

Old 07-26-04, 02:00 PM
Did it slip prior to the replacement being done?If not maybe it's the wrong belt that was put on or isn't being put in the grooves properly.

Old 07-26-04, 03:47 PM
Also look very closely at the pully alignment and for any pullys that look like they may be leaning at all. This will make the belt roll right off. A pully that's off center will tear up the edge.

Search this Thread