Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Side wall of Goodyear tire has one inch cut...

Visiting Guest

07-26-04, 08:33 PM   #1  
MITCHELLR
Side wall of Goodyear tire has one inch cut...

Today, I ran over a piece of sharp scrap metal. Two miles later I had a flat tire. There is a cut (one inch in length) on the side wall. It's a Goodyear Wrangler RT/S P235/75R15. Now, it will cost approximately $100.00 to replace the tire--I haven't even figured the additional costs of balancing, mounting, etc., yet. Is there any way to patch the tire? I know that Plugging it won't work since it's not a nail puncture--but is there a patch that will work? If not, and since it's a tubless tire--will an inner-tube do the trick? Thanks!

Mitchell

Sponsored Links

07-27-04, 02:30 AM   #2  
Nope, your going to have to bite the bullet. There is no way to make any repairs whatsoever the the sidewall of a tire. That's call a "road hazard" failure and all you can do is replace the tire. Why on earth would you ever want to drive something that would be so unsafe anyway?

TX

07-27-04, 04:09 AM   #3  
not good

The only thing you can do is make a tire swing out of it now.I know how you feel 100 bucks shot down the drain.

07-27-04, 02:04 PM   #4  
Chances are even though it can't be repaired there is more damage than that 1 cut in the tire after a 2 mile ride on it low/flat.Iwouldn't consider repairing that tire if it didn't have a 1 inch cut myself.I'll bet when the tire is removed from the wheel alot of little rubber pieces will be inside,kinda looks like hair.

Search this Thread