1996 mercury cougar xr7 v8

Old 07-29-04, 05:53 AM
thickey1
Visiting Guest
1996 mercury cougar xr7 v8

I need to recharge my air conditoner. Currently the refrigerant compressor cycle switch is working and the clutch is engaging properly but I get warm air. The cycle switch cycles every couple seconds or so. Probably low or no refrigerant. My question is where might I find the low pressure quick disconnect on my vehicle? Does it follow the path of the thick refrigerant line towards the middle of the vehicle or is the low pressure connection closer to the firewall and the evaporator.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Old 07-29-04, 03:01 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The low side fitting will be on the bigger size a/c line or the accumulator and if you are using a can tap valve it will not fit the hi side fitting for safety reasons.A word of caution wear gloves,long sleeve shirt and safety goggles when dealing with refrigerant it is a very dangerous chemical and can cause loss of an eye or frostbite to a finger.This is off topic but I feel refrigerants should only be sold and handled by licensed professionals due to the safety aspect and enviromental concerns.You also most likely have a leak in need of repair.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: