Problems with 1990 acura legend...

Old 08-31-04, 09:41 PM
JJD2207
Visiting Guest
Problems with 1990 acura legend...

1.) Fan makes high pitched chirping sound from 0-30 and when I slow down. Sound duration is like 5 seconds every time.

2.) Lifters need replaced cuz car ticks

3.) Motor mounts may need to be replaced because car rumbles a little when car isnt in motion.

What are some estimated prices for fixing these things and what stuff can I just buy the parts to and do it myself if I don't have too much experience under the hood? Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!

Old 09-01-04, 02:58 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
are you sure that you just dont have a loose heat shield on the exhuast sytsem making noise as I dont see any reason for a fan to only make noise from 0 to 30 and when you slow down.
might try a oil additive such as rislone next time you change the oil to see if it helps the ticking noise if it is a lifter or hydralic tappet it may help.

Old 09-01-04, 03:57 PM
Johnc280
Visiting Guest
I agree with Bejay about the fan. Its a little odd to only make that noise at certain speeds. That fan is electric anyway correct?

The ticking noise is very common from Acura. I have had good luck with oil additives to take care of that problem. The BG product MOA seems to work well but I dont think you can buy it over the shelf.

I recommend you call around for estimates to have the motor mounts replaced and pay someone else to do it.

Good luck.

Old 09-01-04, 10:54 PM
JJD2207
Visiting Guest
Thanks

Thanks for all the help! I love this car so i just needed to know =)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: