Seized Engine

Old 08-07-04, 06:55 AM
The Wil
Visiting Guest
Seized Engine

I have a 97 Ford Ranger, 4 cylinder. Last week I had an overheat due to a broken radiator hose. To make a long story short, I eventually found out that the head gaskets need replaced and some coolant made its way into the oil, now I have a seized engine. There is no way I could do this job myself, but I was wondering if anybody could help me and give me some information on what it takes to fix the engine, how bad is this problem?
Thanks in advance for your advice.
Wil

Old 08-07-04, 09:32 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It would most likely be cheaper to buy a rebuilt long block and install it instead of attempting to fix yours.Call around for prices as they vary widely.You can't go wrong with a Jasper in my opinion.I would also opt for their install kit.

Old 08-09-04, 01:43 PM
Tuffdrvr
Visiting Guest
you'll need to take the heads off for sure. Maybe let some tranny fluid or carb cleaner soak on the pistons for a couple days to break loose the burned carbon chunks so it may turn over at least to start it but you will lose pressure if your head gaskets are worthless. Maybe cheaper to buy a rebuilt block unless you can get and insiders deal.

Old 08-09-04, 07:13 PM
GlassesRx
Visiting Guest
I had a ole '89 Lincoln Continental with a blown head gasket. It sent out nice smoke signals till I finally drove it dead! IT would have cost me over a $1000 bucks to fix it, made a nice lawn ornament for a while. I finally decided, it made a better tax write off for donation! :-)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: