Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

I need help with my Buick

Visiting Guest

08-09-04, 06:05 PM   #1  
RachelH
I need help with my Buick

I have a 1989 Buick Century. I can't seem to figure out how to change the rear turn signal. There are no apparent screws on the outside, no noticable way to get at it from the trunk, or under the fender! Any ideas? I need help and QUICKLY, so that I can get my car inspected and registered in my new home state of Nebraska!

Sponsored Links

CO

08-09-04, 06:11 PM   #2  
Take another look inside the trunk, I think on most 80s and 90s GM cars you'll see the wire pigtail going into the big (grey?) plastic inside liner. Take hold of the wide part that the wire goes into (this part should stick out from the hard plastic liner), and give it slight twist and pull pull on one side of. DON'T PULL THE WIRES THEMSELVES. It should pop out with a 1/4 turn and pull.

If not go to the auto parts store, tell the guy behind the counter what the problem is, give him a big smile and ask him to show you. Most people are glad to help.

Good luck

08-10-04, 04:33 AM   #3  
I believe you need to remove the tailight lens and the nuts are in the trunk.They will be black plastic or 10 millimeter.

Last edited by davo; 08-10-04 at 03:13 PM.

Search this Thread