I need help with my Buick


Old 08-09-04, 06:05 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question I need help with my Buick

I have a 1989 Buick Century. I can't seem to figure out how to change the rear turn signal. There are no apparent screws on the outside, no noticable way to get at it from the trunk, or under the fender! Any ideas? I need help and QUICKLY, so that I can get my car inspected and registered in my new home state of Nebraska!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-04, 06:11 PM
slumlordfrank's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Where time and space begin
Posts: 702
Take another look inside the trunk, I think on most 80s and 90s GM cars you'll see the wire pigtail going into the big (grey?) plastic inside liner. Take hold of the wide part that the wire goes into (this part should stick out from the hard plastic liner), and give it slight twist and pull pull on one side of. DON'T PULL THE WIRES THEMSELVES. It should pop out with a 1/4 turn and pull.

If not go to the auto parts store, tell the guy behind the counter what the problem is, give him a big smile and ask him to show you. Most people are glad to help.

Good luck
Old 08-10-04, 04:33 AM
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa
Posts: 2,417
I believe you need to remove the tailight lens and the nuts are in the trunk.They will be black plastic or 10 millimeter.

Last edited by davo; 08-10-04 at 03:13 PM.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes