Sebring front end woes

Old 08-10-04, 02:56 PM
brocktoonster
Visiting Guest
Sebring front end woes

I have a 98 chrysler sebring. This model is known for having a low-riding front end that is easily messed up. I cracked the bottom of my front end while trying to park. It hit the cement stop; always a problem. Any ideas how I can try to repair the crack? I think the fender is made of hard plastic or maybe fiberglass? It's an awkward crack to try to fix, but I can't sell the car with it there for all to see!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-04, 04:40 PM
There are products out there to repair the plastic bumpers but if I were you I'd get a body shop to look at it and see if it is even repairable first.Plus it would need painted to match,primer,base coat and clearcoat.

Old 08-12-04, 09:37 AM
brocktoonster
Visiting Guest
what kind of products might help?

Davo, I'm not really wanting to pay the money to a body shop to fix this. I'm trying to do a rough fix myself and then sell the car outright. Can you recommend any adhesive products that might help me stick the cracked front end piece together so it doesn't hang down and catch on various objects?

Old 08-12-04, 11:23 AM
Andy_b_08
Visiting Guest
If you go to a fleet farm or menards you can buy a fiberglass resin jelly.. its kind of like bondo and will fill the crack but unlike bondo it wont crack or brake easily.. you just have to apply it and sand it so its smooth.. but you'd still need it painted