Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda: mystery noise

Visiting Guest

08-10-04, 03:56 PM   #1  
conjny
Honda: mystery noise

I have a 4 door 1990 Honda Accord LX. Had breaks done--rotors cut, new break pads. Took it for inspection in NJ. Everything passed. Shortly thereafter it began making a clunking noise when I apply the breaks in slow or stop and go traffic. Does not happen when I break at highway speed or when I coast to a stop. Took it to three mechanics who all checked breaks and could find nothing. Took it to dealer who told me I needed an upper control arm, sway bar, bushings and struts. Had all that done and springs too. It still makes the noise. Would appreciate hearing from you if you have any ideas what could be causing the noise.

Sponsored Links

08-10-04, 04:46 PM   #2  
If Honda pads were not used it may be why it's clunking during braking.Honda pads come with new hardware and special grease to lubricate the brake parts.I have fixed that problem by simply putting on Honda pads.If they are Honda pads you need to make sure the caliper bolts and wheel lug nuts are tight.Also check for rust behind the rotors if it's also pulsating.

Search this Thread