Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

77 chrysler AC clutch removal

08-10-04, 04:11 PM   #1  
77 chrysler AC clutch removal

My 77 Lebaron 318,automatic has a cold running AC compresser, but the springs on the clutch are popping out ( it still works,but not for long ). Can the clutch be R & R without taking apart compresser or discharging freon,if so do you need a gear puller? It looks like it would come right off the front after removing the center bolt. HELP! I live in phoenix,Az

Sponsored Links

08-10-04, 04:53 PM   #2  
Yes there is a hub puller that screws in after the nut is removed.You won't lose freon during the replacement.I have the puller but it won't help since I'm in Pa so see if a Dodge or Chrysler tech will pull the hub for you.Offer the guy a couple bucks to help you.

08-11-04, 03:11 PM   #3  
It helps to know

Thanks Davo, Looking at the clutch assembly, I thought I could take it off without removing the compresser, but knowing for sure gives me a degree of certainty and encouragement I wouldn't have had otherwise. Thanks Again

08-12-04, 02:17 PM   #4  
The puller is small I don't think you need to pull the compressor to remove the hub.

Search this Thread