Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ford F-150 Door Lock Actuator

Visiting Guest

08-12-04, 06:13 PM   #1  
smj5169
Ford F-150 Door Lock Actuator

Yes I have a 1990 Ford F-150 and the problem is the passenger side door power Lock Actuator. The Drivers side when you hit it unlocks and locks the drivers side no problem but passenger side does not unlock, but when I hit the passenger side switch you hear a noise and if you hit it 3 or 4 times it will unlock or lock the drivers side but not the passenger side (passenger side lock does nothing). To unlock passenger side I have the pull the door latch to get lock up and then push down on lock to lock it. This has been like this since I bought truck, how are they supposed to work? Is it when you hit driver or passenger side it unlocks or locks both? Does this sound like the passenger side actuator? If so are they hard to replace? Thanks for any help with this.

Sponsored Links

08-15-04, 12:55 PM   #2  
Check for power and ground at the actuator(operate the switch) with a test light if you have both the actuator is likely faulty.

Search this Thread