sick truck

Old 08-15-04, 01:41 PM
harllo
Visiting Guest
sick truck

hello, i have a 84 chevy pick up with a 87 350 old police engine in it the problem is up until about a month ago the thing was running fine until i put a exuast manifold on it when the truck is at operating temp and i stop at a light or something the thing shut off and it starts right away until i come to a stop again but you put the thing in park and it runs fine i put a carb on it maybe the carb is bad but it would still do the same thing yesterday i was moving my daugher and it was hard to start and when i got it started i was mossing along and it started to backfire out of the carb than out the tailpipe and it shut off and wouldnt start again when i tried it was spitting gas out the carb it started for a short time but sounded like it wouldnt get enough gas to keep it running so i had it towed home and i put the carb that i had on and it finally started and runs fine in park until i put it in drive and it runs bad and it want get any power to go put it back in park and it runs with power what could the problem be?

Old 08-15-04, 09:49 PM
Andy_b_08
Visiting Guest
I had a similiar problem with my truck.. so i bought a can of carb and choke cleaner... popped the air cleaner off and had my bro sit in it and hold it at about 3500 rpms as i used the whole can of carb cleaner.. runs fine now.. maybe you got the same problem.. cheap and easy solution and its always worth a shot..
andy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: