Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

02 Ford Focus ZX5 Brake Lights Problem

Visiting Guest

08-16-04, 04:28 PM   #1  
redg5
02 Ford Focus ZX5 Brake Lights Problem

I have a 2002 Ford Focus ZX5 with 40k Miles. The 2 side brake lights are not working, but the center one is. The fuse is good. The dealer says it is a computer chip ( cars out of warrenty will cost 300.00 for chip plus 150.00 in labor). This does not make any sense to me, if its a computer chip why is the center brake light working and there are no other problems with the car. Anyone have any opinions or recomendations?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-16-04, 06:40 PM   #2  
Johnc280
In most cars the third brake light is turned on directly by the brake switch while the other two brake lights will either go through the turn signal switch or to a body/lighting control module. Therefore if the center brake light works and the other two don't then your problem is most likely the turn signal switch or body control module etc. In your case I think by computer chip you mean body control module (just a guess).

Hope that helps,

Johnny

Visiting Guest

08-16-04, 06:59 PM   #3  
redg5
Thank you.
At first it sounded like I was getting the run around from the dealer, at least I know now what they said is possible.

Search this Thread