95 olds 98 supercharger

Old 08-21-04, 07:01 AM
kstanley
Visiting Guest
95 olds 98 supercharger

I bought this beautiful olds regency elite at auction, truly owned by one little old lady, one owner, 100,000 miles, never smoked in and in fantastic condition, however, I found out that it has a bad supercharger, any ideas on finding one rebuilt, or anyone in Va. that rebuilds these, the price of a new one is truly amazing. I have had the oil changed and checked for any metal, none exists, so the car is truly worth saving. any help ?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-04, 09:49 AM
Did you check the oil level in the supercharger itself(it doesn't use the engine oil system)?You can remove the allen screw to add needed oil(synthetic oil)gm part#12345982 .Those have been known to be noisy and last quite a while in my experience.

Old 08-21-04, 10:49 AM
kstanley
Visiting Guest
will try

I will try that, car starts and runs great, until hot, then low power and valve noise, , no power on acceleration. I hope it is only an oil problem, I appreciate your response.

Old 08-22-04, 05:51 AM
Have the engine oil pressure checked the supercharger won't cause valve noise after it's warmed up.It could cause a loss of power but the loss would be there all the time.