Wiring Diagram for 1985 Toyota Camry?

Old 08-21-04, 03:04 PM
bryonpopplewell
Visiting Guest
Wiring Diagram for 1985 Toyota Camry?

I need a wiring diagram for a 1985 Toyota Camry FWD Manual Transmission 2-SE motor. I have a short and i've narrowed it down to a bundle. But it's the bundle running from the fusebox to the EFI unit. Unfortunately money is nonexistant so a link to an online source would be great.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-04, 03:55 PM
What exactly is your problem, may be able to help...blowing fuse?

Old 08-21-04, 04:02 PM
bryonpopplewell
Visiting Guest
The car won't start. It tries to turn over but no fuel is igniting. I've replaced the fuse for the EFI twice today and it blew out each time the car did start. My neighbor and I are suspecting a short in the wiring somewhere, but have been unable to locate it...we're taking a break to search online for wiring diagrams.

Old 08-21-04, 04:35 PM
Some history might help, any work done.

The fuel pump is protected by that fuse, try disconnecting it (its by the fuel tank) would be most likely . Toyotas usually don't suffer from harness grounding shorts unless self inflicted.

Also Airflow meter can short, disconnect it.

Also have seen computers shorted by reverse polarity by jumping or battery installed backwards.

Old 08-21-04, 04:49 PM
bryonpopplewell
Visiting Guest
The car's been sitting for a while. I replaced the starter and battery yesterday...it started, the neg terminal on the battery sparked (it was cracked). I replaced the terminals this morning and it started for a few seconds. Then when I put gas to it, it died and that's when we found the fuse. Tried replacing the fuse. That popped twice. We pulled the battery and the fusebox checked the wiring at the fusebox and traced the wires from under that fuse to the wiring running under the EFI unit. Or at least the unit with big letters on it (EFI). I had a manual but it grew legs lol. Does it sitting for about 6 mo. increase the probability of it being a bad fuel pump? The reason it was sitting so long was the starter went out back in late March

Old 08-21-04, 05:36 PM
Is the battery polarity correct? Big post positive and small neg?

Last edited by toyotaman11769; 08-22-04 at 05:30 AM.
Old 08-22-04, 07:13 AM
bryonpopplewell
Visiting Guest
Sorry for not replying last night. We found a short near to the distributor. it is in the connector at the top left of it one wire is frayed and one is cut. We are in the process of checking the rest of that wire to see if any more wire damage has been incurred. Will post if any more questions arise. Thank you for your help. btw the fuel pump and fuel meters are fine.