Sliding Door Stuck Open - HELP Please

Old 08-28-04, 10:28 AM
lsskes
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Sliding Door Stuck Open - HELP Please

I have a 1992 Chevy Lumina APV - the sliding door is stuck open. My mom opened the door while I was parked on a downhill slope and it flew open and now we can't shut it. Something seems to be holding it open but I can't figure it out...it appears to be something in the bottom of the door track is holding it from sliding forward again - it seems like the force of the door sliding let the door jump right past the stop that would normally just stop the door from opening too far - has anyone had this problem? If so how did you fix it or did you have to take it someplace? My husband is very handy so if it's possible to fix at home he can probably do it....any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Much.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-04, 11:06 AM
You are probally right on the door jumping past the stop. Now whatever it is that is suppose to stop the door is behind the stop and holding the door open.
I have never taken one of these things apart and I am sure it would be hard for someone to discribe it all in detail here. If possible get an repair manual for this vehicle, at the auto parts store or library. It should cover the door removal and maintenance procedures.

Old 08-30-04, 03:12 PM
If this is a manual door you may be able to unbolt something to get it back to square one so to speak.If this is a power door I would say bite the bullet now and take it to the shop.If you start unbolting parts to get it back on track have a helper,those doors are very heavy and if it pops loose and slides with a finger in the way,well don't say you were not warned.

Search this Thread