Where can I get a factory service manual?

Old 08-29-04, 03:00 PM
sicando
Visiting Guest
Where can I get a factory service manual?

I am trying to find an ORIGINAL FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL for a 1991 Jeep wrangler and I can't seem to local one. Most of what I find are REPRINTS, or COPIED from the original, or the chiltons, haynes, etc. I am looking for the one put out be Jeep. Do you have a sponsor link for this, or can I ask in the forum site if anyone has one they want to sell? I have tried ebay, amazon,etc. I even tried the Jeep dealer.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-04, 03:52 PM
Try Helminc.com for a manual.

Old 08-29-04, 04:31 PM
sicando
Visiting Guest
Tried them, they don't carry any for Jeeps.....know anyone else?

Old 08-30-04, 11:18 AM
Yeah pre-94 and you're on your own with Daim/Chrys Jeep anything
And helm don't do Jeeps
Pick up some Jeep mags at the book store or library and look in the back in the small ads or classifieds
Or check out the Hemmings Motor News
Someone may have one for sale or you may want to consider a "searching for..." ad
Good Luck!

Old 08-30-04, 04:02 PM
check E Bay

You can check E Bay I have seen some there I dont know if they were for Jeeps.

Old 08-30-04, 06:13 PM
sicando
Visiting Guest
still no luck

I tried ebay, and google "search for..." and I got a lot of places that sell manuals, however, mostly is reprints or owner manuals, not the original shop service manual for dim/chy. I didn't try jeep mags though, so I will search in those, but I was hoping for a web site where I could list it in "I want..." area. ebay has a half.com site where you can add it to a wish list, but I haven't had any luck with that either. Nor amazon.com...I'll keep looking. Thanks

Old 08-30-04, 08:08 PM
Restoration Acc.

I just thought of something...
What you are really looking for may be easier to find if you think of it as a "restoration supply" or "restoration accessory" or something along that level
Maybe that will help narrow the online search
That's really what you're looking for

Old 08-31-04, 03:15 PM
sicando
Visiting Guest
Unhappy I'll give that a try

I'll give that one a try...never thought of a manual as a restoration supply but it sure is worth a try. I'm getting frustrated with my search. What is the vote on the manuals on CD ROM...I just can't imagine that they would be that easy to use...but I may have to settle for that...at least I'd have the info I need. Thanks again and I'll let you know if I ever find one.