Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1999 Jeep Cherokee Problem

Visiting Guest

09-01-04, 07:13 AM   #1  
PeppermintPatty
1999 Jeep Cherokee Problem

When driving my Cherokee on the highway at fairly fast speeds (nothing crazy), I will on occassion run over a pothole, and I get this huge vibration up from the front end to the steering wheel, making the wheel shake and scare the heck out of me. It goes away after a few seconds, and returns to normal. I think this only happens when I go over something with my left front tire.

Diagnosis anyone?

Sponsored Links

VA

09-01-04, 10:05 AM   #2  
something is loose...

...in the steering system. no one is going to venture a "diagnosis" and take risk. your best bet is to take it to a competent technician, have it checked out (shouldn't take very long) and ask them to show you what they found...

Visiting Guest

09-01-04, 10:22 AM   #3  
PeppermintPatty
Finding a "competent technician"...
Now this is the tricky part.

VA

09-01-04, 10:53 AM   #4  
try looking for...

...techs that are ASE certified steering and suspension. Also shops that are ASA (american service assoc) members can be a very good service resource. just don't condemn us all because of a bad experience (not that you've had one...but in case you have). there are PLENTY of competent, honest techs available to you. the bottom line is that you'll more than likely need a technician to effect the repair anyway...so...be patient and you'll find a good general service tech that can help you with this issue...and hopefully all of your future service needs

Search this Thread