PO401Code

Old 09-03-04, 09:30 AM
Ed Pinnell
Visiting Guest
Question PO401Code

I have a 2001 F150 which I bought second hand about three months ago. It only had 20000miles on it when I purchased it. It now has 25000 miles on it. Recenlty my check engine light came on, i took it to autozone and had it coded. (PO401 insuffeciant exhaust flow. I replaced the egr had the code cleared and resumed with driving the truck. The light came back on in about a day. I took it to my local ford dealer and explained the problem and what I had done. He told me he could save me some money and told me to replace the dpfe. when I got home I removed the top cover from the vehecal to find that this sensor was not there. Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be? Can the o2 sensor be bad if it is coding egr? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-04, 10:00 AM
What do you mean, it's not there? It sure is. You just haven't found it. It should be around the backside of the engine somewhere. You never said what engine you have. The DPFE is a good possibility, but it's not the only one.

Old 09-03-04, 05:29 PM
slicker
Visiting Guest
there should be a dpfe sensor . i've replaced too many dpfe sensors for p0401 to keep track. 99.9% that is your problem. the sensor is on the drivers side of the engine, follow the egr tube, you will see two hoses branching off the egr tube about half way down, they go into the dpfe sensor.

Old 09-03-04, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by slicker
i've replaced too many dpfe sensors for p0401 to keep track. 99.9% that is your problem.
What, never had a plugged passage on a 4.6????
Your probably right on this one though. It's only got 20K on it.

Search this Thread