Advice needed for a mustang

Old 09-03-04, 09:40 AM
royalet
Visiting Guest
Advice needed for a mustang

got a quick question, I am in the process of purchasing a 89 notchback 5.0. now heres the deal it is set up for racing from what ia m told, it has no ac, which i can understand, and no heat (disconnected), Now is this something normal that people do for a race setup or not? and last question when i see this car what would be your suggestion to test to make sure it doesnt have a damage heater core or any heating issues? Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-04, 01:19 PM
if it was used for just stricly racing most everything on the car should have been striped or removed from the vehicle to reduce weight including most of the interior and it may have a roll cage installed inside the vehicle.
if the a/c compressor and other a/c components such as condensor drier lines is still bolted to the car and the heater core is still in the dash just has no heater hoses hooked to it then I would suspect both things was unhooked or bypassed for other reasons than for racing.

Old 09-03-04, 01:22 PM
royalet
Visiting Guest
mustang

I will check, i dont think the ac compressor is on, i know they were going to do a roll cage, but they didnt make it that far

Old 09-03-04, 01:39 PM
if it has been mostly modified and you are wanting a driveable vehicle with heat and air you may be much better off by not purchasing this one as it could cost alot to put everything back depending on how much has been striped from this one.