freeze plug?

Old 09-04-04, 10:12 PM
freeze plug?

1994 vortex engine, came home the other night never over heated and onced in the driveway had a pisser of radiator fluid comming out of engine.laying on the ground cant tell yet where its leakin from no water pump hoses that is visibale . loks like its hitting the starter so im wondering if there is a freeze plug above that . any other ideas thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-04, 04:38 AM
Check this

I would look at your heater hoses first the small ones going to the heater thru the firewall.

Old 09-06-04, 11:33 AM
it is the freeze plug above the starter, tried to remove the starter and cant get it to come out. before i start removing everything woul like to know whats involved. its a v6 vortex engine,1994 bravada.if i get out the starter can i access the plug to fix it myself or a garage is the answer?

Old 09-06-04, 02:54 PM
what would a garage charge for this job, would like to do it myself but if its not to bad ill let them do it

Old 09-06-04, 03:31 PM
Once the starter is removed it is pretty easy to replace the freeze plug. If there is not enough room to drive a new freeze plug in, and there usually is not once an engine is in a car, you can use an expanding rubber freeze plug. I have had much success with those.

Search this Thread