Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

sound padding

CAL

09-07-04, 02:55 PM   #1  
sound padding

I am searching for a good soundproofing material similar to the Dynamat to soundproof doors and spare tire well in my car. So far I called Home Depot and Lowe’s , they don’t have it. I just hate to spend a $1 per sq ft. of stuff. That’s what Dynamat will cost if buying a 100 sq ft. and I am not sure if I need that much. Yes I was going to look at my wife’s car and I am sure there other uses other then in cars but still…. Too much for spending on the tar/foam/whatever based product. Thanks for you suggestions. Oh by the way, I live in the San Diego area so if you know the store that sells the stuff…. Please let me know. Thanks,

Sponsored Links

09-07-04, 03:34 PM   #2  
www.fatmat.com

09-07-04, 04:29 PM   #3  
www.b-quiet.com has less expensive material than dynamat but it is still not cheap. Others have used it anf felt it worked well.

I put 2 layers of Frost King Duct Insulation on the floor and trunk area of my car. It is sort of a rubbery grey foam that has foil on 1 side and a semi sticky surface on the other side. It was cheaper, got it at Lowes. I can't rave about how much quieter it is but I am sure it helped some.

Search this Thread